Monday, May 14, 2007

Confused

Digital Collage by Itkupilli

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
Albert Einstein


Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity.

Michael J. Gelb :

Distortion upon distortion: . . . the more one uses the mind, the more confused one becomes.

Lao Tzu : Chinese philosopher & mystic, founder of Taoism Lao Tzu


The ultimate metaphysical secret, if we dare state it so simply, is that there are no boundaries in the universe. Boundaries are illusions, products not of reality but of the way we map and edit reality. And while it is fine to map out the territory, it is fatal to confuse the two.

Ken Wilber : Pandit

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.

Jack Kerouac : b. Jean-Louis Lebris De Kerouac  US author, influenced the �beat� generation Jack Kerouac



To know another human being in their essence, you don’t really need to know anything about them — their past, their history, their story. We confuse knowing about with a deeper knowing that is non-conceptual. Knowing about and knowing are totally different modalities. One is concerned with form, the other with the formless. One operates through thought, the other through stillness.

Knowing about is helpful for practical purposes. On that level, we cannot do without it. When it is the predominant modality in relationships, however, it becomes very limiting, even destructive. Thoughts and concepts create an artificial barrier, a separation between human beings. Your interactions are then not rooted in Being, but become mind-based. Without the conceptual barriers, love is naturally present in all human interactions.

Eckhart Tolle Source: Stillness Speaks



I wanted to put here Tangerine Dreams Zen Garden for Daniel, put I couldn't find, so here is Melrose instead....funny video...:)

18 comments:

piktor said...

Kirsi, your posts are becoming more and more difficult to comment on. Not because they're boring but because they are deep.

I will think about your quotations and later post a comment.

*Itkupilli* said...

Piktor, I'm really hope that this wakes conversation....:)

Mick said...

I love the idea of waking up the conversation. If only all of us could get together in some quiet place: some coffee or tea, some wine, some cognac perhaps. Sipping, talking, taking the conversation to another level. I also have to wonder about the tenor & tone of this searching & seeking, of so much quietude. The following lyrics from one of my favorite artists have come to mind lately when reading your lovely posts:

"Girl
Somebody hurt you
Girl
I wish I knew who
Could look
Into your sad eyes
And make
Such a sweet thing cry"
-A Girl Called Eddy

daniel cimadevilla said...

Hi Princess

This production yours is magnifies
Beautiful and sweet music...
Amused, funny and very appropriate and guessed right video ...

You have a great sense of humor
and very much intelligence !!!

Thank you very much Princess
Cute Kirsi !!

Chau

singinghawk said...

Beautiful image and quotes...I especially like the quote by Lao Tzu.

I think I feel confused on a daily basis! I guess I think too much! :o)

Nice post as usual, Kirsi!

The bottom quote is really nice, too. I feel that way often about people, like I know them without knowing anything about them. But sometimes those people go and surprise me with something very unexpected making me feel very confused, for sure!

*Itkupilli* said...

Mick,
You make me cry, but these tears falls because of gratitude. I’m so happy to know you, you have a giant heart. I would like to hug you, or if I’m sad you to hug me. I love you.

Principe Daniel,
You are south; I’m north, equator parting us.
But there is always in my heart a part of you.
And in your heart a part of me.
Yin & Yang.
I love you.


Ana, you are so beautiful. Theses quotes are very important to me, and I’m so happy you share these with me.
Eckhart Tolles Book: Stillness Speaks, is a great source of wisdom. It has been one of my most impressive guides on the path of spiritual growing.
I love you.

Lady Prism said...

Hm'...something to meditate on...and the surreal feel of your art makes me feel that that lady is in essence a part of me...

*Itkupilli* said...

Dear Luxie

I just experienced surreal turbulence at your blog… swinging meditative I don’t know what! :)

Anonymous said...

I felt like leaving a comment but I have nothing to say. The truth can never be grasped and like Wittgenstein said: "Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen./Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, 7".
Are you confused? Enjoy. Are you not confused? Enjoy.
And then, why listen to anyone else but yourself?

*Itkupilli* said...

Genau Belated Paladin.

"Reden ist Silber, Schweigen ist Gold."

I totally agree. :)

Anonymous said...

I read this post yesterday and didn't know what to say. I thought that I'd meditate on it for a day. And then I find that others had the same feeling.

You have caused your readers to meditate quietly Itkuilli. :)

david santos said...

It places fhoto of Madeleine in your bloggue


Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800555111 Please Help

Anonymous said...

I agree with everybody else. I'm glad that you post like this. I do every so often...I am a deep thinker at times, and like to ponder such things. Other times I like to take a light hearted approach to life and "not think" for awhile, and "just be"...experiencing life. Savoring it, moment by moment~and these quotes you post allow me to do just that~ponder life. And the music you picked to go with it, couldn't have been better!!

Elegia said...

No wau, tuo kuva on ihan mahtava, mystinen. Sinulla on upea omanlaisesi, uniikki tyyli.

Laitoin valitsemasi kappaleen taustalle soimaan (sopii mainiosti aiheeseen!) ja syvennyin teksteihin. Sinä, Kirsi, todella tarjoilit upean aamunavauksen tähän päivään. Kiitos!

*Itkupilli* said...

ThanKwee, yes this post has confused me as well...:)

Olá David, I posted your message. Hope we'll hear good news soon.

Thanks Funky, I'm happy for your comment, 'coz I sometimes my posts embarrass myself.:)

Kiitos kiitos Elegia, sun kommenttis ilahduttaa mua aina niin. On tosi kiva, että jaksat aina kertoa mielipiteesi. :)

piktor said...

Kirsi, after reading the comments above, well... we're all confused.

Unconfuse us now!

*Itkupilli* said...

I'm workin on it. For me, you, us...for everyone of us...hope it works! I'm going to win this battle of Harmagedon...:)

*Itkupilli* said...

and Piktor, NOTICE SMILEY once more, I'm so confused...just trying to understand something...:)